With the support of Healthway and Lotterywest, the KIDDO program is offered to all ECEC services in WA in 2022 and 2023 at no cost. To help services and educators get started we are delivering free, interactive, fun and engaging workshops around WA. Tickets are limited, so reserve them now to ensure you don't miss out.
Treeby: Monday 22nd May, 6:15pm-7:45pm. Get tickets
UWA, Nedlands: Saturday 5th August, 9:00am-11:00am. Get tickets
WA regional workshops in 2023:
Workshops are being planned for the regional locations below. Final dates, times and venues are still be confirmed. Express your interest in attending by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your service name and expected number of attendees.
- Kalgoorlie - Monday 22nd May, 6:15pm-7:45pm. Get tickets
- Busselton - Monday 19th June, 6:30pm-8:00pm. Get tickets
- Narrogin - Wednesday 18th October
- Esperance - August
Outside of School Hours Care services workshop:
Come along to a practical workshop specifically designed for those working in the Outside of School Hours services. Learn how to deliver engaging, age appropriate activities that encourage the development of physical literacy.
Thursday 29th June, 7:00pm-8:30pm at UWA. Get tickets
Outside of Schools Hours Care webinar, Tuesday 30th May, 6:30pm-7:30pm. Register here
Early Childhood Education and Care services webinar, Monday 24th July, 7:00pm-8:00pm. Register here
What is KIDDO?
KIDDO is a physical literacy program, training and resources developed by the University of WA to provide educators and parents with everything they need to help children aged from 0-8 years to develop the skills and confidence to be physically active.
KIDDO focuses on developing the capacity of educators in the ECEC sector to deliver physical literacy programs by providing them with the training and all the resources they need in one easily accessible location. KIDDO has been designed in line with the National Quality Standards and Early Years Learning Framework and research conducted around the program has shown that it increases educators’ knowledge and skills to deliver programs that encourage physical literacy as well as improving children’s skills and confidence.
KIDDO will provide at no cost to your early childhood service in 2023:
- Face-to-face workshops and demonstration sessions in your town
- Online professional development Certificate in Physical Literacy for all your staff – choose from a 45-minute short course or a full Certificate of Physical Literacy
- Support and resources to implement the KIDDO physical literacy program in your centre – intentional teaching plans, active play inspirations, skill information, activity database, design your own session tool
- 100s of physical activity ideas with supporting videos
- Dedicated parent hub to support families to develop physical literacy at home
- Access to the KIDDO milestone reporting tool
How can I claim a KIDDO Champion Pack?
All services who have at least two staff who attend a KIDDO workshop AND complete the online full Certificate of Physical Literacy will receive a KIDDO Champion Pack for their service. This includes:
- activity idea lanyards
- hard copy activity binder
- skill teaching cue cards
PLUS your very own KIDDO signage for your service.
Who can take part?
KIDDO has been funded by Healthway and Lotterywest to enable 950 Early Childhood Education and Care services across Western Australia to participate in the KIDDO program and access all the online training and resources at no cost over 2022 and 2023. This includes:
- Long hours day care services
- Family daycare
- Parent & Child centres
- Kindilink programs
- Supported playgroups
- Outside of school hours care
To learn more download the flyer
This project is supported by Healthway, Lotterywest, Goodstart Early Learning, Department of Education (Early Childhood), Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries and Department of Communities.