3-5 years, 5-8 years, 8+ years
Download PDF (279.54 KB)
- Mark out a large area using cones
- Choose 3-4 taggers depending on the numbers in your group. The remainder of the children run around the area trying to avoid being tagged.
- If a child gets tagged, they must stop where they are and do 'anything they want'.
- For example, a balance pose, a funny dance or star jumps.
- To be saved, another child must stand infront of them and try to copy what they are doing.
- For example, if a child is standing on one leg, another child must save them by also standing on one leg.
- Once a child has been copied, they are free to run around and avoid being tagged again.
- Have every child as a tagger!
- Change the method of locomotion while playing: try hopping, skipping or galloping
- Ensure children have eyes up to avoid other children
- Take short, quick steps to avoid being tagged and ready to change direction