3-5 years, 5-8 years, 8+ years
Balance beams or tennis balls (enough for 1 per child), Cones
Download PDF (271.67 KB)
- Mark out the designated area (approx. 5m x 5m) with cones
- All children start with a ball or beanbag
- Choose two taggers
Taggers chase children and try and tag them.
If tagged the students throw their ball in the air and catch it three times.
When throws are completed children are free to run again.
- Use bean bags to make it easier to catch or tennis balls to make it harder
- Use a larger area
- Change the number of taggers
- Change the number of throws and catches to do when tagged
- Make it harder by having to stand on one leg and throw and catch when tagged
- Watch the ball
- Soft fingers, big hands
- Thumbs together and up (butterfly hands) for balls above waist and fingers pointing down (wriggly worms) for balls below waist
- Reach out for the ball and catch with two hands