- Define a large area 10m x 10m with cones
- Scatter bean bags (rubbish) throughout activity space
- Place hoops (bins) 2-5 meters away, around the outside of activity space
Children start inside activity space and are given a mode of movement ie running, jumping, hopping, side-stepping.
On command ‘clean up’ children must move to pick up 1 piece of rubbish (bean bag) and try to throw into bins (hoops) that are outside the space.
Continue until all rubbish has been thrown and count how much rubbish (as a group) made it to the bins.
Return rubbish to space and repeat using different modes of movement.
- Add bins of various sizes and distances from space
- Limit the activity space
- Vary mode of movement mid-game
- Have some children position outside the space as ‘bin people’ who catch the rubbish before placing in bin
- Ready: stand side-on like a surfer
- Aim: make a muscle man (throwing arm bent up above shoulder), point non-throwing arm at target
- Fire: step forward with opposite foot and throw