- Set up four different targets, varying from easy (large) to difficult (small/thin). You could use a hoop standing up in a cone, a cricket wicket, a witches hat and an agility pole
- Set-up four cones 10 metres away from each target
- Place 2 -3 tennis balls or throwing items behind each cone
Children line up in groups of 4 behind the four cones facing the largest target (target 1).
Once the first 4 children have thrown at target 1, they either move on to the next target (if target 1 hit) or go to the back of the line until target 1 is hit.
Continue until children reach the final target.
- Increase the number of targets if you have a larger group
- Introduce crow-hop and have children throw on the run
- Place the throwing zone further away or closer depending on the skill level of the group
- Ready: stand side-onlike a surfer
- Aim: make a muscle man (throwing arm bent up above shoulder), point non-throwing arm at target
- Fire: step forward with opposite foot and throw