- Set up two sets of cricket tees and bats 10 metres away facing each other for each lot of partners
- Divide children into partners
Before starting, demonstrate how to hit.
Practice stepping forward and hitting without balls initially and then add balls in.
Divide the group into partners.
Each partner has a bat and a tee and is standing 10m apart.
One of the partners starts with a ball and hits off the cricket tee towards the fielding partner 10 metres away.
The fielding partner then collects the ball and places it on their cricket tee and hits it back to their partner.
- Use larger soft foam balls for younger children to help them have success in hitting the ball
- Move the tees further apart
- For more advanced children they can throw the ball underarm to the batter
- Hands together
- Ready: stand side on to the ball (use markers to assist)
- Eyes on the ball
- Step & Swing – step with the front foot towards the target (use a marker to step on to)