- Set up an example goal by placing witches hats approximately 2 metres apart and ball 10 large steps in front
- Divide children into pairs
- Each pair of children are given two witches hats and a ball and instructed to set up a goal the same as example set
In pairs one is a kicker the other is a goalie.
To score a goal the kicker must kick from a stationary position and kick the ball along the ground.
The goalie is allowed to use any part of their body to stop the kicker from scoring a goal.
The kicker has 5 shots and then the partners swap roles.
- Move kicker further away
- Have the kicker start further away (mark with a cone) and dribble the ball for 5 metres before kicking for goal on the run
- Make the goals smaller or larger
- Eyes on the ball
- Kicking foot like a penguin (twist it outwards)
- Step, swing & kick
- Baby touches of the ball
- Look up and around
- Keep the ball close to the body
- Use both feet