- Mark out a large area using cones
Nominate 2-3 children (depending on the size of the group) as taggers.
The remaining children must try avoid being tagged, while staying in the designated area.
If tagged, children stand with feet greater than hip-width apart and arms out to the sides (like a scarecrow)!
To save a scarecrow, another player must crawl through their legs.
- Add in more or less taggers
- Change the method of locomotion to skipping, jumping, hopping or galloping
- Ensure children have eyes up to avoid other children
- Take short, quick steps to avoid being taggedand ready to change direction
- Arms bend at elbow and hand goes from ‘hip to lip’