Team Rapid Fire
Team Rapid Fire
- Have enough teeball tees set out for half the group
- Place feet markers to the side of the tee to show children where to stand when batting
- Spread teeball tees out in a straight line with plenty of space between each tee
- Place a witches hat 5 metres behind each tee
- Place a line of cones 15 metres in front of tees
- Divide children into two groups, one fielding, one batting
Note: This activity can be used for cricket, teeball or hockey striking depending on what equipment you have.
Before starting demonstrate how to hit. Practice stepping forward and hitting without balls initially and then add balls in.
Divide the group into two teams, one batting, one fielding. Each member of the batting team collects a bat and stands in place next to a tee ready to hit. The fielding team are instructed to spread out behind the line of cones.
On the command, Ready, Step & Swing all of the batting team hit and then run at the same time around the witches hats behind them.
Every fielder has to retrieve one ball each then return it to the tee. When all balls are returned the fielding team call out STOP.
Batters count the number of times they touched the witches hat before STOP.
Scores added to make a team total.
Have 3 turns before swapping teams over.
- Use larger soft foam balls for younger children to help them have success in hitting the ball
- Try using cricket tees and bats
- Move the fielding team back further
- Hands together
- Ready: stand side on to the ball (use markers to assist)
- Eyes on the ball
- Step & Swing – step with the front foot towards the target (use a marker to step on to)