There are just a few simple steps to get your school started and then it will all become very easy!
If you are the KIDDO Manager for your school, when you click on ‘Dashboard’ you will see a ⚙ ‘cog’ icon in the black bar at the top. This allows you to set up classrooms, add and edit staff and import students. Follow the steps below to ensure you get set up correctly.
If you are not the KIDDO Manager for your school, when you click on ‘Dashboard’ you won’t see a ⚙ ‘cog’ icon in the black bar at the top. You will need to ask your KIDDO Manager to allocate you to your classrooms so you can get started using the KIDDO dashboard. Your KIDDO Manager can also promote additional staff to Manager as well. This is your school’s decision on who has which roles.
1. Add and manage your classrooms
In the ⚙ ‘cog’ section click on ‘Classrooms’
- If you have them, review your current classrooms – check they are allocated to the correct year group
- Add classrooms (Click on 'Add Classroom')
- Allocate your classrooms to the correct year group
- Archive any old classrooms - click on the relevant class and un-tick the 'active' checkbox. This allows you to keep all data, but you will not see the classroom in the list of classrooms on your dashboard
If you don’t have any classrooms and just want to try things out, you can add an example classroom. Please do not enter any assessment data that is not real as this will be part of our live database of data that is used to calculate percentile ranks.
2. Check your staff
In the ⚙ ‘cog’: section click on ‘Staff’
- Add staff by clicking on the white box 'Add staff member' or 'Import staff'. More information about importing staff members can be found HERE
- Remove staff - click the three dots next to the staff member's name and select ‘remove’.
- Allocate correct classrooms to all staff – click the three dots next to the staff member's name and select ‘edit’. You can then select classrooms and what role you would like them to have
- Allocate the 'Manager’ role to staff who you want to be able to add staff, view school data, view professional development completions, and pay membership - click the three dots next to the staff member's name and select ‘edit’. You can then select what role you would like them to have