This activity is a simple introduction into throwing.
Have baby seated on the ground with two soft, light-weight balls. Have a small bucket, basket or box nearby.
- Hand your baby one ball to begin with, and demonstrate a throw for baby to mimic
- Once baby throws first ball, give them a second in the opposite hand
- Once baby has had a go at throwing with both hands, give them a ball in each hand, to practice throwing at the same time
- Introduce a bucket to catch the ball with
- After a couple catches with the bucket, baby should start to aim for it
- Use small, light weight balls that are easy to grasp
- Give baby plastic balls that are harder to grab, to work on grasping
- Have a bucket or hoop for baby to 'aim' for
- Model throwing technique to help your baby