Attention all Early Childhood Services in regional WA!
With the support of Healthway and Lotterywest, the University of Western Australia's KIDDO program is excited to offer the KIDDO program to all ECEC services in regional WA in 2022 at no cost. The KIDDO program (www.kiddo.edu.au) provides an evidence-based program and supporting resources to help build the capacity of early childhood educators to deliver high quality physical activity programs and develop a whole of centre environment that values active play, gross motor development and physical activity.
Express your interest now!
Complete the 5 minute expression of interest form through this LINK before Friday 5th November
Want know more? Join our 30 minute webinar on Wed 13th October at either 12:30pm or 7pm. Register for the webinar HERE
What is KIDDO?
KIDDO is a physical literacy program, training and resources developed by the University of WA to provide educators and parents with everything they need to help children aged from 0-8 years to develop the skills and confidence to be physically active.
KIDDO focuses on developing the capacity of educators in the ECEC sector to deliver physical literacy programs by providing them with the training and all the resources they need in the one easily accessible location. KIDDO has been designed in line with the National Quality Standards and Early Years Learning Framework and research conducted around the program has shown that it increases educator’s knowledge and skills to deliver programs that encourage physical literacy as well as improving children’s skills and confidence.
KIDDO will provide at no-cost to your early childhood service in 2022*:
- Face to face workshops and demonstration sessions in your town
- Online professional development Certificate in Physical Literacy for all your staff – choose from a 45 minute short course or full Certificate of Physical Literacy
- Support and resources to implement the KIDDO physical literacy program in your centre – intentional teaching plans, active play inspirations, skill information, activity database, design your own session tool
- 100s of physical activity ideas with supporting videos
- Engaging resources for parents to provide them with support to develop physical literacy at home
- Access to the KIDDO online fundamental movement assessment and reporting tool
*KIDDO can only deliver the program in a limited number of locations in regional WA so please ensure you express your interest now and share with other early childhood services in your region to avoid missing out!
Who can take part?
KIDDO has been funded by Healthway and Lotterywest to enable 950 Early Childhood Education and Care services across Western Australia to participate in the KIDDO program and access all the online training and resources at no cost over 2022 and 2023. This includes:
- Long hours day care services
- Family day care
- Parent & Child centres
- Kindilink programs
- Supported playgroups
- Outside of school hours care
Watch a video here to hear how one educator uses the KIDDO program
To learn more Download the Flyer
This project is supported by Healthway, Lotterywest, Goodstart Early Learning, Play Active, Dept of Education (Early Childhood), Dept of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries and Dept of Communities.