We’d love to see you at one of our fundamental movement skill and physical literacy workshops in Victoria in November:
- Werribee on the 20th November
- Traralgon on the 21st November
- ACHPER Victoria Annual Conference, Monash University on the 23rd November
In typical KIDDO style, these sessions are going to be fun, engaging and based on the latest research evidence. Read on for more info about each workshop and register to attend!
Developing Fundamental Movement Skills & Physical Literacy - free workshop
Monday 20th November 2023. 4:00pm-5:30pm
Lollypop Creek Primary School
114 Shipwright Parade, Werribee
Perfect for Primary PE teachers, Early Childhood Teachers and School Support Staff, this double-session will cover how to deliver your Fundamental Movement Skills programs while also developing the confidence and motivation of your students to be active (this is physical literacy).
The first session will cover how to plan your teaching and learning program for Fundamental Movement Skills in Prep to Year 2 and the second session will be practical, including the demonstration of a lesson for Year 1 students, how to assess Fundamental Movement Skills and resources to assist you.
Amanda Derbyshire: KIDDO Program Director & Allison King: KIDDO Schools Manager
Developing FMS and Physical Literacy with KIDDO & GippSport
Hosted by GippSport
Tuesday 21st November, 4.00pm - 6:00pm
Traralgon Sports Stadium
Catterick Cres, Traralgon 3844
What's on the agenda:
- Practical demonstration of activities to encourage the development of movement skills and confidence to be active from birth-8 years
- A guide through the KIDDO physical literacy and fundamental movement skill programs and resources
- How to develop the confidence and skills to set children up for a healthy, active life
- How KIDDO Gippsland can support you
This event is perfect for:
- Primary school teachers and education assistants
- Early childhood educators and service directors
- Family day care operators
- Junior sport coaches
How far can a 6 year old jump & what can we do about it?
Session C.15, F-6 at the ACHPER Vic annual conference
Register for the conference & join our session!
Thursday 23rd November 2023
Amanda Derbyshire, KIDDO Program Director, Allison King, KIDDO Schools Manager & Shane Mallia, PE Specialist, Gladstone Park Primary School
What's on the agenda:
- Learn more about the current state of FMS development in Australia
- See how your students compare against thousands of others their age
- Join a practical session where you'll learn how you can use the KIDDO platform to assess, report on and develop the FMS of your students.
- Hear how PE Specialist, Shane Mallia has transformed the way he programs, plans, assesses, and reports on fundamental movement skills development with the help of KIDDO.